Still no puppies so I had started to worry a little…no a lot! I called my vets office at 8:30am and they in turn called Dr. McAllister to see what she wanted to do; within ten minutes they called back and asked if I could be there by 9:30am for an ultrasound. I assumed that Dr. Adler would be doing the procedure since she is the Dr. on staff today but to my surprise Dr. McAllister came in to do it and discuss our options. The ultrasound looked good, all puppies are viable and they really didn’t care for the buzzing of the ultrasound because they really started moving and trying to get away. She also did a pelvic exam and there is a puppy right at the pelvis and the others are moving up and back into position. So at this point we will wait through today and see if she progresses to full labor and starts to deliver these little babies on her own.
Poor baby had to have her belly shaved for the ultrasound, she was a very good girl for everything!
I just want to give everyone a quick update on Riva, well it turns out that was not her water breaking, she just wet on herself. So we are at day 65 from the first breeding and I am still waiting for her to go into full blown labor! I have been in contact with my vet and she says she is still in the early stages and wants to wait at least through today before considering anything drastic such as a C-Section. The temp is holding at about 99 degrees and she is doing some nesting and panting. I can feel the babies moving and she is not in any distress, no funky discharge, so all that is a good thing. I will keep you posted and thank you to all for your concern.
I found this video on You Tube and thought I woud share.
This is just so amazing in how just 63 short days puppies are born!
Riva is due September 21, just 18 days from now, I can not wait to see these little babies
Trying something new…blog hopping, you can get information on how to participate here