Today we are joining Jodi from Heart Like a Dog for the Follow-up Friday blog hop! This hop is
Thank you Jodi for sharing your badge!
If you are new to the blog, Follow-Up Friday gives me the opportunity to revise or update a post from the previous week. It wraps up the week and leads you right into the weekend.
Feel free to join us every Friday or whenever the need strikes you. If you are interested in co-hosting, please leave me a message in the comments and indicate your level of interest (once, once a month etc..) and I will add you to the list.
If you have not participated with the Follow-up Friday blog hop, go check out Jodi at Heart Like a Dog and join in.
I don’t know about you but I am hooked on Pinterest! I just started using it a few months ago and it didn’t take long for me to become addicted, I love all the cool stuff I find and I can save it all in one convenient place! Recently Wayward Dogs posted on her switch from commercial shampoos and conditioners to natural products, you can read her post here. In commenting back and forth she said she uses DIY laundry soap and I mentioned I just made fabric freshener, so today I am sharing the recipe for fabric freshener. I don’t know about you but with having four dogs and two cats I need to freshen things up frequently in between washings and lets face it I can’t really fit the couch in the washer I hate the high price of Febreze but what’s a girl to do…well make my own of course! I was so impressed with how easy it was to make, and best of all it really works!!
What you’ll need:
1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot tap water
Spray bottle (I used my empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)
Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don’t forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you’re using a Febreze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch.
Store-bought Febreze: $5.59
Homemade Febreze: $0.15
Total Savings: $5.44 OR 97.3%!
This recipe comes from Life. Family. Fun. you can see the original post here
You can check out some other cool things I have found by just clicking on the Pinterest button on my sidebar.
The award we received from DogDaz was a wonderful sweet surprise and she said is is a food fight, we haven’t had one of those since last year when my niece and nephew were visiting, however this is a virtual food fight so we won’t get too messy
Here are the rules for the Super Sweet Award
1. Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you: Thank you so much DogDaz, this was one of the sweetest awards we ever received.
2. Answer the ‘Super Sweet’ questions. See below
3. Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.
Super Sweet Questions:
1. Cookies or Cake? It is definitely Cake for me and cookies for the dogs. Chocolate with buttercream frosting and my guys aren’t picky so they will eat any cookie we have around.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Oh definitely chocolate, dark too be exact, but you knew that already!
3. What is your favorite sweet treat? Well my favorite sweet treat is actually a sweet and salty trail mix that has M&M’s in it, yummy!!
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? At night when we all settle in bed to watch a movie and catch up on blogging
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Hmmm this is a hard one, Cheyenne would be Cinnamon Roll because she likes to watch me make these, Riva is Sticky Buns because for some reason when I bake her butt is stuck to the floor right next to me, Maia would be Tutti Frutti because well she is a little bit silly in a very sweet way and Titan would be Tootsie Roll because he loves to roll over and get his sweet belly rubbed.
Now to name the BAKER’S DOZEN NOMINEES:
The (mis) Adventures of Sage
Long Life Cats and Dogs
My Brown Newfies
Heart Like A Dog ~ The Life, Loves and Writings of Jodi Stone
Monica’s Tangled Web
Collies Of The Meadow
So these are our
victims nominees for the food fight! You’ve been hit so Have fun!!
So many commented on my Titan Follow-up in last weeks This ‘N That Thursday post. I will definitely miss this boy but the experience and training he will receive will be worth it. I will have his whole lifetime when he returns to rub his Tootsie Roll belly! Jodi from Heart Like A Dog asked if I hunt, not yet but this is the end goal I have with Titan, the both of us working as a hunting team!
Having kept littermates it is hard at times to divide my time between them so they both get what they need so while he is gone it will give me the opportunity to focus on Maia with conformation and obedience, who knows maybe we can try some Rally.
So this wraps up our Follow-up Friday, stop by Heart Like a Dog and join the fun. Don’t forget to visit her co-host Rescued Insanity
Have a Great Weekend!